Qatar Airways touches down in Cambodia
Qatar Airways’ first daily flight from Doha to Cambodia’s capital landed yesterday during a press conference at the Phnom Penh International Airport.
THIS REPORT IS ENGLISH ONLY – GERMAN here …
The company will service the route via Ho Chi Minh daily by an Airbus 330 that can carry about 300 passengers, said Airport Manager Gilles Tellier yesterday, adding that this would be an “ambitious plan”.
Cambodia Airports told the Post this could happen in 2014.
Akbar added the company is also “looking to operate at a daily frequency to Siem Reap,” which was welcomed by Mao Havanall, secretary of state at the State Secretariat of Civil Aviation.
Qatar Airways’ aggressive fleet expansion program was also a motivating factor behind the launch.
“The airline ordered many airplanes, and they need to be used now,” Cambodia Airports CEO Emmanuel Menanteau explained.
Officials said yesterday that the flights would boost tourism and investment from the Middle East into the Kingdom.Read Phnom Penh Post
Author | Sarah Thust
Last Updated | 21.02.2013
Publication | Phnom Penh Post
About the Phnom Penh Post
The Phnom Penh Post claims to be the oldest existing independent newspaper in any language in Cambodia. First published in July 1992, the Post is read by thousands of foreigners and Cambodians throughout the country.
Diese Website verwendet Akismet, um Spam zu reduzieren. Erfahre mehr darüber, wie deine Kommentardaten verarbeitet werden.
- Party auf Mallorca: Nein, diese Medienberichte sind nicht erfunden 22. Juli 2020
- Sam Rainsy: European banks implicated in microcredit scandal | Covering Cambodia 8. Juli 2020
- Millionen Heuschrecken fallen über Ostafrika her – trotz der Insektizide 6. Juli 2020
- Facebook sperrt Donald Trump-Post mit Nazi-Symbol 18. Juni 2020
- Corona-Ausbruch bei Tönnies – Schulen und Kitas müssen schließen 17. Juni 2020