Former Khmer Rouge prison chief transferred to new jail
Phnom Penh. Former Khmer Rouge prison chief Kaing Guek Eav, also known as Comrade Duch, was transferred to a new prison early Thursday, a spokesman for the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC) said.
THIS REPORT IS ENGLISH ONLY – GERMAN here …
Until his transfer, Comrade Duch had been staying at the ECCC Detention Unit.
Staff members had said the accommodation at Kandal provincial prison „is that which will best protect his (Duch’s) interests,“ the prosecutors‘ office said in a statement.
The tribunal last year sentenced Duch to life imprisonment for war crimes and crimes against humanity.
It said Duch oversaw the killing of at least 12,272 victims but some estimates have placed the number as high as 16,000.
Author | Sarah Thust
Last Update | 06.06.2013
Licensed | dpa – German news agency
About dpa – German press agency
The Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa is a German news agency founded in 1949. Based in Hamburg, it has grown to be a major worldwide operation serving print media, radio, television, online, mobile phones, and national news agencies. News is available in German, English, Spanish, and Arabic.
Diese Website verwendet Akismet, um Spam zu reduzieren. Erfahre mehr darüber, wie deine Kommentardaten verarbeitet werden.
- Party auf Mallorca: Nein, diese Medienberichte sind nicht erfunden 22. Juli 2020
- Sam Rainsy: European banks implicated in microcredit scandal | Covering Cambodia 8. Juli 2020
- Millionen Heuschrecken fallen über Ostafrika her – trotz der Insektizide 6. Juli 2020
- Facebook sperrt Donald Trump-Post mit Nazi-Symbol 18. Juni 2020
- Corona-Ausbruch bei Tönnies – Schulen und Kitas müssen schließen 17. Juni 2020